Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default timeline chart within a scatter plot

You can use the click event to trigger a VBA procedure that creates the
second chart. Here's an article about chart events:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Laoballer" wrote in message
I have an excel scatter plot that displays some point information when
the mouse cursor hovers over the data point. The information
displayed are beginning and end time for different events that
occured for that particular data point. What I would like to do now
is be able to chart a timeline chart that will display the different
time event when I click on a datapoint. Has anyone done anything
similar to this? A chart that can generate another chart in excel?

Thanks,