Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2 questions

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,
It sounds like you're after a step chart.
Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,
I think you'll need VBA for that. I don't know whether it can be done.
My alternative is to use data labels linked to checkboxes, enabling you to
turn the data labels on or off, individually if necessary.

Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

Thanks, What about no. 2?

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

You could try Tushar's addin.
http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/softwa...bel/index.html

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"assaf1978" wrote in message
Thanks, What about no. 2?

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that
connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and
from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text
for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them
in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

2 VB Questions JRD-CFW[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 2 October 7th 08 12:31 AM
View Questions and Answer to questions I created Roibn Taylor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 July 24th 08 12:05 AM
3 Questions toorie53 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 30th 07 12:27 AM
Two Questions mike New Users to Excel 2 June 24th 05 12:35 AM
2 questions Mark1 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 15th 05 09:08 PM