Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 3 Questions

I am creating a form that will be going to a number of people for a client
and it needs to be as easy as possible for them.

1- I have created drop down boxes, is there any way to keep the arrow
visable at all times. I received a document with it done, but it is
protected and I can't figure out how they did it.

2 - Is there any way to eliminate the unused part the spreadsheet? I'm only
using 1 8 1/2 by 11 page of it

3 - Is there any way to PDF a spreadsheet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kristen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1: I'm assuming they used data validation. If so, there's probably a
list either in the validation rule, or a cell range somewhere
(possibly on a hidden sheet). If this is the case, I don't think
there's a way to display the arrows unless a cell with the rule is
selected.

2: You can set Print Area (file menu or Page Setup) to determine what
gets printed. In VBE, you can set scroll area to the worksheet. If
you press Alt+F11, then Ctrl+G, then type ActiveSheet.ScrollArea = "$A
$1:$Z$100" and press Enter, the user will not be able to scroll past
Z100.

3: You can download free PDF Printers, which will preserve
spreadsheets as tables. They install just like regular printers, but
instead of printing on paper, they make PDF files. If you have
Acrobat Pro, I believe it comes with one of these - ours did here at
the office. However, to make it fully functional (with dropdowns,
etc) you'll need some other software (like Acrobat Pro) and some basic
skills using it.

On Nov 29, 4:20 pm, toorie53
wrote:
I am creating a form that will be going to a number of people for a client
and it needs to be as easy as possible for them.

1- I have created drop down boxes, is there any way to keep the arrow
visable at all times. I received a document with it done, but it is
protected and I can't figure out how they did it.

2 - Is there any way to eliminate the unused part the spreadsheet? I'm only
using 1 8 1/2 by 11 page of it

3 - Is there any way to PDF a spreadsheet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kristen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can help with a couple items:

2. Select ViewPage Break Preview and the rest of your spreadsheet is
greyed out. It is still accessible, and if you want to make it inaccessible,
highlight your print_area, F5, Print_area, then ToolsProtectionAllow users
to edit ranges. Then Click New, Then OK. Then click Protect Sheet. Select
the appropriate things you want users to be able to do to your allowable area
and then enter a password.

3. PDF. Check out pdf995.com. It is $9.95 (or free with a nag) and it can
be configured to print to .pdf. It is basically a printer driver. Check it
out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. No but you can workaround by coloring the DV dropdown cells or adding an
arrow to the cell via the Drawing Toolbar.

2. Select the range to print and FilePrint AreaSet Print Area.

3. There several PDF writers available for free.

I use PrimoPDF and works quite well

http://www.download.com/3000-10743_4-10770043.html

Search the 'net for pdf writer and you will get mucho hits.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:20:03 -0800, toorie53
wrote:

I am creating a form that will be going to a number of people for a client
and it needs to be as easy as possible for them.

1- I have created drop down boxes, is there any way to keep the arrow
visable at all times. I received a document with it done, but it is
protected and I can't figure out how they did it.

2 - Is there any way to eliminate the unused part the spreadsheet? I'm only
using 1 8 1/2 by 11 page of it

3 - Is there any way to PDF a spreadsheet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kristen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

toorie,

1. Are you sure it is a "Data Validation" drop down box. Maybe it is a
"Combo Box" form control. Maybe that is the route you need to go.

HTH,

Conan