-   -   2 questions (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/221126-2-questions.html)

assaf1978

2 questions

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

Dave Curtis[_2_]

2 questions

Hi,
It sounds like you're after a step chart.
Try Jon Peltier's site for some examples.
Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

assaf1978

2 questions

Thanks, What about no. 2?

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

Dave Curtis[_2_]

2 questions

Hi,
I think you'll need VBA for that. I don't know whether it can be done.
My alternative is to use data labels linked to checkboxes, enabling you to
turn the data labels on or off, individually if necessary.

Dave

"assaf1978" wrote:

Thanks, What about no. 2?

"assaf1978" wrote:

Hi,
No. 1: I have 3 values (60,42,33). I would like to have a line that connects
them but it will drop with a 90 degrees angle from 60 to 42 on x=42 and from
42 to 33 on x=33.

No. 2 : Is there an option to have the tool tip show a specific text for
each point, I mean, if I have comments for every point, can I show them in
the tool tip when I hover over that point?

Thanks,
Assaf.

Andy Pope

2 questions