Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked chart problems

I'm using 2007

Using Jon Peltier information found below I'm stuck.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

I have arranged the data as necessary for the stacking (rahter than three I
have seven). I need to change the axis labels. However, I'm stuck because
the directions state to Paste Special the data as a new series (and I can't
paste special in 2007) and also confused how to to move series information to
secondary axis. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Paste Special works the same in 2007 if you can find it. Click on the down
arrow on the big ugly Paste button on the home tab.

To change the axis a series is on, select the series, press Ctrl+1 (numeral
one) to bring up the format series dialog, and on the first tab, if you can
call it a tab, select Secondary.

If you lose your horizontal axes, as did an Excel 2007 user who posted a
comment today to the related blog entry, use the Axes control on the Chart
Tools Layout tab (I think it's Layout, anyway it's the one in the middle).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Brad" wrote in message
I'm using 2007

Using Jon Peltier information found below I'm stuck.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

I have arranged the data as necessary for the stacking (rahter than three
have seven). I need to change the axis labels. However, I'm stuck
because
the directions state to Paste Special the data as a new series (and I
can't
paste special in 2007) and also confused how to to move series information
secondary axis. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Right-click a series on the chart and choose Format Data Series, and on the
Series Options tab select Secondary Axis

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brad" wrote:

I'm using 2007

Using Jon Peltier information found below I'm stuck.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

I have arranged the data as necessary for the stacking (rahter than three I
have seven). I need to change the axis labels. However, I'm stuck because
the directions state to Paste Special the data as a new series (and I can't
paste special in 2007) and also confused how to to move series information to
secondary axis. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Regarding Paste Special, instead in 2007 select the data in the sheet and
click copy. Right-click the Chart Area and choose Paste. However, if that
doesn't give you what you need, click the Chart Area and choose Home tab,
Paste, Paste Special.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Brad" wrote:

I'm using 2007

Using Jon Peltier information found below I'm stuck.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

I have arranged the data as necessary for the stacking (rahter than three I
have seven). I need to change the axis labels. However, I'm stuck because
the directions state to Paste Special the data as a new series (and I can't
paste special in 2007) and also confused how to to move series information to
secondary axis. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

That worked and I'm beginning to understand - now I'm stuck at Format the
scale of the secondary category axis so that the value axis does not cross
between categories. Not sure what I need to change