Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Line graphs with multiple data sets

I need to create a line graph with the following information:

The Johnson family is planning a weeklong vacation in California and needs
to rent a car. They dont know exactly how far they will drive, but they
estimate between 400 and 800 miles. Here are their options:

Weekly Rates Daily Rates
$329 per week, unlimited mileage
$50 per day, unlimited mileage
$219 per week, plus 12 cents per mile
$40 per day, plus 3 cents per mile
Note: Any partial week will be charged a full weeks price. Note: Any
partial day will be charged a full days price.

Complete the following:

Represent the costs of each option in a data table.

Graph the cost of each option on the same table. (Make the y axis the total
rental costs per week and the x axis the total miles driven in a week.)

Use the information given to determine under what conditions the Johnson
family should choose each option.

Write the total weeks rental car cost as a function of the number of miles
driven in a week for each of the options.

You should include a table, and a graph of the problem.

Basically, I need to know how to change the y axis values as an adjustable
dollar amount and the x axis as the number of miles driven from 0 miles to
1000 miles.

I cannot figure out how to use the graph program of Microsoft 2007. I have
searched within the website, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Sounds like schoolwork and we are not supposed to address those types of
questions. Not everybody takes this rule to heart...

Shane Devenshire

"loveiseternal2000" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Shane,

It is school work. I am not trying to get someone to do the work as it is
already complete. I need assistance using the 2007 excel program to create a
graph. Using the excel program is not part of the assignment as you can see
below with the description of the task.
The reason I included the assignment was to provide a context in which to
guide any assistance. I have been trying for over 12 hours to change the y
axis and x axis to no avail. I am frustrated and really could use a basic
"how-to" description of creating the changes needed.

"loveiseternal2000" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi again,

OK, no offense, just letting you know the guidelines

Technically if you want to plot numbers on both axises you should be using
an XY Scatter chart which would automatically adjust both axes as the data
changed.
Select the data you want to plot, in this case it sounds like two column,
one dollars, the other miles. Choose Insert, XY Scatter, and pick a subtype.
You will have a chart on screen.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire