Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ask72883

Default Multiple Plot Shading in Line Graphs

Hi,

I was trying to create a line graph with multple colors in the plot area
depending on what the line graph does. i.e. if I were to plot the price of a
stock whenever the stock was in an upward trend the background color would be
different than if the stock were in a downward trend. I've figured out a
cheap way where I just create boxes fill them with color and then place them
behind the graph but was wondering if there were an easier way.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

You could try making a conditional chart, where the charts looks differently
depending on criteria (e.g. green for upward slopes, red for downward
slopes). Ideas you can find for instance at:
www.andypope.info/charts.htm
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...html#CondChart
GL,
Henk