Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Default Multiple Plot Shading in Line Graphs

You could try making a conditional chart, where the charts looks differently
depending on criteria (e.g. green for upward slopes, red for downward
slopes). Ideas you can find for instance at:
www.andypope.info/charts.htm
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...html#CondChart
GL,
Henk

"ask72883" wrote:

Hi,

I was trying to create a line graph with multple colors in the plot area
depending on what the line graph does. i.e. if I were to plot the price of a
stock whenever the stock was in an upward trend the background color would be
different than if the stock were in a downward trend. I've figured out a
cheap way where I just create boxes fill them with color and then place them
behind the graph but was wondering if there were an easier way.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.