Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
loveiseternal2000 loveiseternal2000 is offline

Default Line graphs with multiple data sets

Shane,

It is school work. I am not trying to get someone to do the work as it is
already complete. I need assistance using the 2007 excel program to create a
graph. Using the excel program is not part of the assignment as you can see
below with the description of the task.
The reason I included the assignment was to provide a context in which to
guide any assistance. I have been trying for over 12 hours to change the y
axis and x axis to no avail. I am frustrated and really could use a basic
"how-to" description of creating the changes needed.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Sounds like schoolwork and we are not supposed to address those types of
questions. Not everybody takes this rule to heart...

Shane Devenshire

"loveiseternal2000" wrote:

I need to create a line graph with the following information:

The Johnson family is planning a weeklong vacation in California and needs
to rent a car. They dont know exactly how far they will drive, but they
estimate between 400 and 800 miles. Here are their options:

Weekly Rates Daily Rates
$329 per week, unlimited mileage
$50 per day, unlimited mileage
$219 per week, plus 12 cents per mile
$40 per day, plus 3 cents per mile
Note: Any partial week will be charged a full weeks price. Note: Any
partial day will be charged a full days price.

Complete the following:

Represent the costs of each option in a data table.

Graph the cost of each option on the same table. (Make the y axis the total
rental costs per week and the x axis the total miles driven in a week.)

Use the information given to determine under what conditions the Johnson
family should choose each option.

Write the total weeks rental car cost as a function of the number of miles
driven in a week for each of the options.

You should include a table, and a graph of the problem.

Basically, I need to know how to change the y axis values as an adjustable
dollar amount and the x axis as the number of miles driven from 0 miles to
1000 miles.

I cannot figure out how to use the graph program of Microsoft 2007. I have
searched within the website, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.