Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Line graphs with multiple data sets

Hi,

Sounds like schoolwork and we are not supposed to address those types of
questions. Not everybody takes this rule to heart...

Shane Devenshire

"loveiseternal2000" wrote:

I need to create a line graph with the following information:

The Johnson family is planning a weeklong vacation in California and needs
to rent a car. They dont know exactly how far they will drive, but they
estimate between 400 and 800 miles. Here are their options:

Weekly Rates Daily Rates
$329 per week, unlimited mileage
$50 per day, unlimited mileage
$219 per week, plus 12 cents per mile
$40 per day, plus 3 cents per mile
Note: Any partial week will be charged a full weeks price. Note: Any
partial day will be charged a full days price.

Complete the following:

Represent the costs of each option in a data table.

Graph the cost of each option on the same table. (Make the y axis the total
rental costs per week and the x axis the total miles driven in a week.)

Use the information given to determine under what conditions the Johnson
family should choose each option.

Write the total weeks rental car cost as a function of the number of miles
driven in a week for each of the options.

You should include a table, and a graph of the problem.

Basically, I need to know how to change the y axis values as an adjustable
dollar amount and the x axis as the number of miles driven from 0 miles to
1000 miles.

I cannot figure out how to use the graph program of Microsoft 2007. I have
searched within the website, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.