Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Programmatically copying charts and cells from Excel into PowerPoi

I have a PowerPOint presentation that is popululated from Excel using a
macro. In 2003 it worked fine (well, I wasn't totally happy, but it saved
users a lot of time). It chooses a selection (including the range enclosing
the chart + other data that they want to include on the slide) and copies the
selection to the PowerPoint slide. Anyway, now that I'm testing it in 2007,
I sometimes get half of the graph in the copy. I've tried all combinations
of CopyPicture in Excel 2007 and none really works very well. What next?
I'm wondering if a permutation of ALT PRINT Screen may work. But that could
be iffy as well. This tool has got to work or I'll have 100's of unhappy
folks.

Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Tell 'em to upgrade to Excel 2003. I've been dissatisfied with copying and
pasting graphical elements (not just charts) from Excel 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Programmatically copying charts and cells from Excel into Powe

Jon,

I've seen your posts on this, so I know that this has been a problem for a
while. In your experience, do you see this being "fixed" anytime in the near
future?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Barb -

I'm not rushing to upgrade.... No, I think it might be addressed for the
next release of Office, but not through a service pack. The new behavior is
too closely linked to the new shapes implementation, and that's a rather
major thing to adjust. I also think the parts of it I consider a problem
(excessive antialiasing of bitmap-ized charts and inability to completely
ungroup a metafile chart) are not considered a problem by the application
teams.

- Jon
-------