Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default Programmatically copying charts and cells from Excel into Powe

Barb -

I'm not rushing to upgrade.... No, I think it might be addressed for the
next release of Office, but not through a service pack. The new behavior is
too closely linked to the new shapes implementation, and that's a rather
major thing to adjust. I also think the parts of it I consider a problem
(excessive antialiasing of bitmap-ized charts and inability to completely
ungroup a metafile chart) are not considered a problem by the application
teams.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
Jon,

I've seen your posts on this, so I know that this has been a problem for a
while. In your experience, do you see this being "fixed" anytime in the
near
future?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Tell 'em to upgrade to Excel 2003. I've been dissatisfied with copying
and
pasting graphical elements (not just charts) from Excel 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message
I have a PowerPOint presentation that is popululated from Excel using a
macro. In 2003 it worked fine (well, I wasn't totally happy, but it
saved
users a lot of time). It chooses a selection (including the range
enclosing
the chart + other data that they want to include on the slide) and
copies
the
selection to the PowerPoint slide. Anyway, now that I'm testing it in
2007,
I sometimes get half of the graph in the copy. I've tried all
combinations
of CopyPicture in Excel 2007 and none really works very well. What
next?
I'm wondering if a permutation of ALT PRINT Screen may work. But that
could
be iffy as well. This tool has got to work or I'll have 100's of
unhappy
folks.

Barb Reinhardt