Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default the order of chart lines

Hi there -

I have a line graph with a data table below it that tracks monthly load
factors compared to the loads from last year. In January the two data points
are so close to each other that they appear one behind the other. I would
like the data point for this year to be in front and not behind the data
point for last year. I know it will work if I change the data table on the
chart to display last year on the first line of the table but I really would
prefer it to have this year on the top line of the table. I'm looking for a
command that would behave like the "bring to front" command on the format
menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Amy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

The order of the lines of the data table is linked to the front-to-back
order of points in the chart.

Data tables in Excel charts are not very flexible. I never use them. Instead
I make a table in the cells near the chart, so I can include and exclude
whatever data I want, and I can arrange and format it however I want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions