Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Reverse chart order

I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse
order:

I want a bar graph that looks like this:

Series 1 --------------------------------Column 1
Series 1 -------------------------Column 2
Series 1 -------------------------------------Column 3

Series 2 --------------------------------------Column 1
Series 2------------------Column 2
Series 2--------------------------Column 3

What I'm getting is:

Series 2--------------------------Column 3
Series 2------------------Column 2
Series 2----------------------Column 1

D3M -------------------------------------Column 3
D3M -------------------------Column 2
D3M --------------------------------Column 1

All column and row headers are set to General, but I've tried setting
them to text as well. I need to have the columns in a certain order
for reporting.

I can only switch one column so the other still ends up out of order.
Ideally, I would just be able to click the button like Office 2007
says you're supposed to be able to and it would work.

Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be changed or has anyone
else experienced this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

This is not really a xl2007 problem more that's how bar charts are
constructed. Data builds up from origin of chart, which has the effect
of reversing the data in cells.

Select the Y axis and on the Format Axis dialog select Axis Options.
Check 'Categories in reverse order' AND 'Horizontal axis crosses at
Maximum category'

Cheers
Andy

Divinite wrote:
[...]