Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Vertical Lines on the Lines on 2 Axes Chart

I was wondering if it is possible to place a vertical line in the
"Lines on 2 Axes" Chart.

I usually add extra data series if I want to make extra lines but for
this type of graph, it very difficult if not impossible. Adding
Horizontal lines are no problem because that's the direction my data is
going but the vertical conflicts with it. When I try and specify the
location I want the vertical line to be at, it ends up getting very
messy. Any advice?

Judokid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

It's probably better to start with the regular line chart type, rather than
the built-in custom lines on two axes type. Then double click one series,
and on the Axis tab, select Secondary.

To add a line in H or V orientation:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was wondering if it is possible to place a vertical line in the
"Lines on 2 Axes" Chart.

I usually add extra data series if I want to make extra lines but for
this type of graph, it very difficult if not impossible. Adding
Horizontal lines are no problem because that's the direction my data is
going but the vertical conflicts with it. When I try and specify the
location I want the vertical line to be at, it ends up getting very
messy. Any advice?

Judokid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've tried starting with the line graph and adding a bar graph series
onto it and I'm getting decent results. So right now, I've got both
axis' used up. Secondary axis for the bar graph and primary axis for a
line graph. Now on top of this, I need to add a vertical line in a
graph. I tried adding another data series and changing the chart type
of that series. However, the XY Scatter and the basic line graphs
don't seem to work.

Jon Peltier wrote:
It's probably better to start with the regular line chart type, rather than
the built-in custom lines on two axes type. Then double click one series,
and on the Axis tab, select Secondary.

To add a line in H or V orientation:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was wondering if it is possible to place a vertical line in the
"Lines on 2 Axes" Chart.

I usually add extra data series if I want to make extra lines but for
this type of graph, it very difficult if not impossible. Adding
Horizontal lines are no problem because that's the direction my data is
going but the vertical conflicts with it. When I try and specify the
location I want the vertical line to be at, it ends up getting very
messy. Any advice?

Judokid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

You mean Column, not Bar, right?

The XY series can go onto the same axes as the Line chart. The first
category is 1 for the XY series, the second is 2, etc., so the axis probably
goes from 0.5 to N + 0.5, where N is the number of categories in the Line
series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

oups.com...

Jon Peltier wrote:
It's probably better to start with the regular line chart type, rather
than
the built-in custom lines on two axes type. Then double click one series,
and on the Axis tab, select Secondary.

To add a line in H or V orientation:

- Jon
-------