jrmruz

Default How do I create vertical lines in a line chart?

Hi everybody-

I have created a line chart with 20 weeks of data plotted across the X-axis
(each data point corresponds to the response rates to a direct mail
campaign). I now want to plot two vertical lines showing the start of the
campaign (week 4) and the end of the campaign (week 16).

I know I can manually draw a line, but these charts need to be updated on a
regualr basis, and it will take me hours to manually move the lines on the
100 or so charts I produce. So I want to have someway to specify a start
date and end date, and have the charts update automatically.

Thanks,
JM
bj

one way to do it if this is an XY plot with the X data being dates
add the same data set to each graph
std 0 'std is the start date
spd 0 'spd is the stop date

on the charts select this data set and select y error bars
select the bar you want and set its max value to the max you want the chart
to show.

when ever you want to update just change the std and spd cells