Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default chart creation

I am trying to create a chart that has an x-axis of temperatures that range
from-100 to 100 and a y-axis that shows altitiude fro 0-100. I need the
chart to have one "wavy" line as its data points. I am using excel 2007.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Put temperatures in a column and corresponding altitudes in the next column.
Select the range and make an XY chart, using one of the subtypes that
connects markers with a straight line. (The curved or smoothed line may
misrepresent your data.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart that has an x-axis of temperatures that range
from-100 to 100 and a y-axis that shows altitiude fro 0-100. I need the
chart to have one "wavy" line as its data points. I am using excel 2007.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for the help. It seems to be working but is there a way to get the
Y-axis to be all the way to the left of the chart? Since I have both
negative and positive values fro temperature it is putting the y -axis in the
middle of the chart.

Thanks

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart that has an x-axis of temperatures that range
from-100 to 100 and a y-axis that shows altitiude fro 0-100. I need the
chart to have one "wavy" line as its data points. I am using excel 2007.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

P. Zicari -

Chart Tools ribbon | Layout | Axes | Primary Horizontal Axis | More Primary
Horizontal Axis Options | Axis Options | Vertical Axis Crosses | Axis Value
| -100 | Close

Or, you can get the the Axis Value dialog box if you right-click the
horizontal axis of the chart and choose Format Axis from the shortcut menu.

With the Axis Value dialog box, you may also want to specify Minimum | Fixed
| -100 and other options.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart that has an x-axis of temperatures that
range
from-100 to 100 and a y-axis that shows altitiude fro 0-100. I need
the
chart to have one "wavy" line as its data points. I am using excel
2007.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Another option is to leave the axis where it is, but double click the axis
values (which opens the Format Axis dialog), and on the Patterns tab, choose
Low for axis tick labels.

- Jon
-------