Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default chart creation

P. Zicari -

Chart Tools ribbon | Layout | Axes | Primary Horizontal Axis | More Primary
Horizontal Axis Options | Axis Options | Vertical Axis Crosses | Axis Value
| -100 | Close

Or, you can get the the Axis Value dialog box if you right-click the
horizontal axis of the chart and choose Format Axis from the shortcut menu.

With the Axis Value dialog box, you may also want to specify Minimum | Fixed
| -100 and other options.

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com
Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
Thanks for the help. It seems to be working but is there a way to get the
Y-axis to be all the way to the left of the chart? Since I have both
negative and positive values fro temperature it is putting the y -axis in
the
middle of the chart.

Thanks

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Put temperatures in a column and corresponding altitudes in the next
column.
Select the range and make an XY chart, using one of the subtypes that
connects markers with a straight line. (The curved or smoothed line may
misrepresent your data.)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"P. Zicari" wrote in message
I am trying to create a chart that has an x-axis of temperatures that
range
from-100 to 100 and a y-axis that shows altitiude fro 0-100. I need
the
chart to have one "wavy" line as its data points. I am using excel
2007.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.