Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
RL RL is offline

Default Can I link comments on the chart to a point on the chart?

I'm charting a progress (Y axis) against dynamic range of dates (X axis).

I've inserted some text comments in a text box (e.g. "Delay due to water
management issue") and used arrows to indicate the region on the chart where
they apply. Now I want to change the Max date (X axis) as the project is
taking longer than expected, but doing so changes the location of these
arrows and hence they relate to wrong regions.

How do I link these arrows (and text box, which I think, can be grouped
together to form one entity) to a specific region so that, even with new date
range, the arrows still show the regions correctly.

Thanks in advance.

RL
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

To get things to move with the chart you will need to make them with chart
elements.
This example uses extra data series to label events in a time line.
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm

Cheers
Andy
--