Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How do you link chart source data when you copy the chart?

I have rows and columns with data. I then chart the data which links the
source data to the specific cells with absolute references.

If I try and copy the rows et al with data and the chart and paste another
group of the same below it, the rows et al of data change the cell reference
automatically to the corresponding rows where I paste them [relative
references] but the chart keeps the original source data cell references from
where it was before.

How can I make the source data update automatically to reference the
location I paste it to so I don't have to change the source data on every one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

It only moves the source range if you CUT the rows with chart and data and
then paste. But you could copy the whole sheet, then cut the chart and data
from the copied sheet, and paste it where you want it on the first sheet.
Then delete the copied sheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP