Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sun Sun is offline

Default To have smooth curve using time scale catergory

I created chart with timsescale as catergory type

..Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).CategoryType = xlTimeScale
thisChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "0"

With thisChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.MajorUnit = 10
End With

I am getting a unsmooth curve , I tried to use the smooth property but it
didn;t help much is there any way i can get smooth curve ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This has to be done on a series-by-series basis:

ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Smooth = True

Note that using smoothed lines can lead to false interpretations of where
the data exists: the line may curve well beyond where any data points are
plotted. Also, the line is not shaped according to any best fit of the data,
but on a smoothing algorithm based only on a few local points at a time.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Sun" wrote in message
I created chart with timsescale as catergory type

.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).CategoryType = xlTimeScale
thisChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "0"

With thisChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.MajorUnit = 10
End With

I am getting a unsmooth curve , I tried to use the smooth property but it
didn;t help much is there any way i can get smooth curve ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sun Sun is offline

Jon,

I tried to use this before but still it is not smooth the curve is jagged .
--
Thanks

"Sun" wrote in message
I created chart with timsescale as catergory type

.Axes(xlCategory, xlPrimary).CategoryType = xlTimeScale
thisChart.Axes(xlCategory).Select
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "0"

With thisChart.Axes(xlCategory)
.MajorUnit = 10
End With

I am getting a unsmooth curve , I tried to use the smooth property but it
didn;t help much is there any way i can get smooth curve ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sun Sun is offline

Jon

If you can give me any email id I can send you the screen shot sample . Here
I think we do not have option to attach any files.

--
Thanks