les

Default How do I change the scale of logrithmic curve on the x-axis?

I would like to reduce the x-axis range on a logrithmic curve from 10 to 50,
but I am restricted to a scale of 10 to 100?
Jon Quixley

A logarithmic scale by definition goes up in decades. You have to use
multiples of 10, by this I mean 0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, 100, 1000 etc. You
cannot use anything else

--
Jon Quixley
Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25803

MrShorty

It's true that Excel's chart engine is limited in this way, but I have
seen other graphing programs that do allow you to set logarithmic
scales to other than integer powers of 10. Are you in a position to
use logarithms on a regular scale (instead of actual values on a
logarithmic scale) for your X values?

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181

Tushar Mehta

In article ,
says...
I would like to reduce the x-axis range on a logrithmic curve from 10 to 50,
but I am restricted to a scale of 10 to 100?

To simulate the effect see
Flexible Log Scale
http://www.tushar-
mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/flexible_log_scale/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions