Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Displaying dashed or dotted lines correctly in logarithmic scale?

I'm observing a problem already described in Article 214389 (regarding
tredlines in Excel2000 displayed incorrectly).
I'm unable to print dashed or dotted lines in logarithmic scale correctly,
even though they appear correctly on screen and in print preview (!). A
dashed or dotted line does not appear to have any dashes, or only a portion
of the line may have dashes, or the dashed line appears to be distorted, or
of uneven spacing.

I guess it's an unresolved bug. I'm only surprised it's been known since
Excel2000, and not corrected!

Are there any solutions to the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In general, I find the performance of dashed and dotted lines
unsatisfactory. Sometimes they don't render properly (as in your case) and
sometimes they are distracting when a different aspect of an illustration
should be emphasized.. Whenever possible I avoid using these lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"jure@geo" wrote in message
I'm observing a problem already described in Article 214389 (regarding
tredlines in Excel2000 displayed incorrectly).
I'm unable to print dashed or dotted lines in logarithmic scale correctly,
even though they appear correctly on screen and in print preview (!). A
dashed or dotted line does not appear to have any dashes, or only a
portion
of the line may have dashes, or the dashed line appears to be distorted,
or
of uneven spacing.

I guess it's an unresolved bug. I'm only surprised it's been known since
Excel2000, and not corrected!

Are there any solutions to the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
"jure@geo" said:

I'm observing a problem already described in Article 214389 (regarding
tredlines in Excel2000 displayed incorrectly).
I'm unable to print dashed or dotted lines in logarithmic scale correctly,
even though they appear correctly on screen and in print preview (!). A
dashed or dotted line does not appear to have any dashes, or only a portion
of the line may have dashes, or the dashed line appears to be distorted, or
of uneven spacing.

I guess it's an unresolved bug. I'm only surprised it's been known since
Excel2000, and not corrected!

Are there any solutions to the problem?

If you are trying to de-emphasize those lines, try leaving them solid,
but make them a lighter gray instead of black. I can't swear it will
work with Excel 2007, but give it a go.

One warning: in my experience, some color printers render all
hair-thickness lines as black, whatever color you set them to, so choose
the next thickness up if you want them gray. Sometimes a
single-thickness gray line turns out lighter than a hair-thickness black
line (although a hair-thickness gray line would be even lighter if the
printer honored it)

--
Del Cotter