Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Charles

Default In the x axis, logarithmic scale

As previously reported, I used scatter chart. However, my data are bellow 1
(0.1; 0.5) and my y axis is in the middle of the chart. How can I put Y axis
on the left keeping these values?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

Charles -

To change the location of the Y axis on an XY (Scatter) chart, select the
horizontal X axis, choose Format Selected Axis | Scale, uncheck the box for
"Value (Y) Axis Crosses At," and specify an X value.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Charles" wrote in message
As previously reported, I used scatter chart. However, my data are bellow
1
(0.1; 0.5) and my y axis is in the middle of the chart. How can I put Y
axis
on the left keeping these values?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Middleton

Charles -

For a log X axis of an XY (Scatter) chart, on the Format Axis | Scale tab,
you should specify both the "Minimum" value and the "Value (Y) Axis Crosses
At" value.

Also, Excel will use only multiples of 10 on the log X axis. So, for
example, you might specify 0.01 or 0.001.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Charles" wrote in message
As previously reported, I used scatter chart. However, my data are bellow
1
(0.1; 0.5) and my y axis is in the middle of the chart. How can I put Y
axis
on the left keeping these values?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph

"Charles" wrote in message
As previously reported, I used scatter chart. However, my data are bellow
1
(0.1; 0.5) and my y axis is in the middle of the chart. How can I put Y
axis
on the left keeping these values?

Right Click on the X-axis.
Format Axis
Scale
Value (Y) axis crosses at: [choose which X value you want your Y axis;
possibly your minimum X value?]
--
David Biddulph