Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Replacing Chart title with Text box

Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title with a text box so I may re-size
it. However, when I delete the original Chart Title box, the entire chart
moves up, causing the data labels to overlap the Chart title. Is there any
way to replace the Chart Title with a Text Box and prevent the chart from
shifting?

Thanks in advance.
--
Neil T
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Why not set the chart title to a space. This will hold the position of
the other chart elements and not obscure the textbox you are adding to
hold the title.

Cheers
Andy

Neil T wrote:
Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title with a text box so I may re-size
it. However, when I delete the original Chart Title box, the entire chart
moves up, causing the data labels to overlap the Chart title. Is there any
way to replace the Chart Title with a Text Box and prevent the chart from
shifting?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Also, you can select the plot area, and drag it back into the shape you
need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP