-   -   Replacing Chart title with Text box (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/146371-replacing-chart-title-text-box.html)

Neil T

Replacing Chart title with Text box

Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title with a text box so I may re-size
it. However, when I delete the original Chart Title box, the entire chart
moves up, causing the data labels to overlap the Chart title. Is there any
way to replace the Chart Title with a Text Box and prevent the chart from
shifting?

Thanks in advance.
--
Neil T

Andy Pope

Replacing Chart title with Text box

Hi,

Why not set the chart title to a space. This will hold the position of
the other chart elements and not obscure the textbox you are adding to
hold the title.

Cheers
Andy

Neil T wrote:
Hi. I'm attempting to replace a Chart Title with a text box so I may re-size
it. However, when I delete the original Chart Title box, the entire chart
moves up, causing the data labels to overlap the Chart title. Is there any
way to replace the Chart Title with a Text Box and prevent the chart from
shifting?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Peltier

Replacing Chart title with Text box

Also, you can select the plot area, and drag it back into the shape you
need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP