Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default x axis tick marks

How do I add tick marks on the x axis for irregular time periods. Each
period may have only 5 points of data or 12 points. The name of each period
needs to be between the tick marks to indicate the exact time period.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Buckeye5

You can use an XY chart with a custom X axis, aka dummy axis series.

Here's a link to a tutorial on custom axes. I have a number of examples on
my site.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_custom_axis.htm

Kelly O'Day
http://processtrends.com

"Buckeye5" wrote in message
How do I add tick marks on the x axis for irregular time periods. Each
period may have only 5 points of data or 12 points. The name of each
period
needs to be between the tick marks to indicate the exact time period.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You have several choices on how to add your custom series.

Easiest for you may be to select chart, right click, choose Source Data,
then add your new series.