Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Buckeye5 Buckeye5 is offline

Default x axis tick marks

When I remove the original x axis I don't know how to add in the custom x
axis. The labels for the axis are quarters in a year.

Thanks

"Kelly O'Day" wrote:

Buckeye5

You can use an XY chart with a custom X axis, aka dummy axis series.

Here's a link to a tutorial on custom axes. I have a number of examples on
my site.

http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_custom_axis.htm

Kelly O'Day
http://processtrends.com

"Buckeye5" wrote in message
How do I add tick marks on the x axis for irregular time periods. Each
period may have only 5 points of data or 12 points. The name of each
period
needs to be between the tick marks to indicate the exact time period.