Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default X axis tick mark over label

A client wants the x-axis tick mark label (bar chart) to be positioned under
the tick mark instead of between tick marks. We've managed to do this before
but didn't write it down and now we can't remember. I've been trying every
combination I can think of and nothing makes the tick mark label show under
the tick mark. The Data Series options is at 0 so the bars touch on the sides
and they want the labels to be between the two bars where they touch, which
would be right under the major tick mark. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Double click the category axis and on the scale tab uncheck,
Value (Y) axis crosses between categories.

This will mean adding a dummy set of data to the begining and end of the
data series otherwise you will loses 2 columns.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel