Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to remove double data?

Hello,

I have this list, lets call it A, that contains 3 columns. I have another
list, B, that as the same number of columns. List A contains all the data of
list B.

In list A, I would like to be able to remove all the data that can be found
in list B. Is there a specific function? I tried working with the Advanced
filter where I chose to work with Unique records only but it doesn't quite
work as list A remains unchanged.

Can you offer some help?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way to do this using formula.....
Assming list A is in Sheet1 without headers and list B is in Sheet2 without
headers try this formula in Sheet1 D1 which will return "In List B" if found
in List B or else return blank..Once done you can sort by Col D and remove
the entries....

=IF(OR(A1&B1&C1="",ISERROR(MATCH(A1&B1&C1,Sheet2!$ A$1:$A$100&Sheet2!$B$1:$B$100&Sheet2!$C$1:$C$100,0 ))),"","In ListB")

Please note that this is an array formula. Within the cell in edit mode (F2)
paste this formula and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to apply this formula. If
successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly braces at both ends like
"{=<formula}"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"marycler" wrote:

Hello,

I have this list, lets call it A, that contains 3 columns. I have another
list, B, that as the same number of columns. List A contains all the data of
list B.

In list A, I would like to be able to remove all the data that can be found
in list B. Is there a specific function? I tried working with the Advanced
filter where I chose to work with Unique records only but it doesn't quite
work as list A remains unchanged.

Can you offer some help?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi
with a macro see Cpearson web it has other options as well including the macro

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm