nicad_adam

Default Sorting lists to remove double entries

Hi all,

I am trying to transfer clients from one sheet whose name appears only
once in a list onto a new sheet.

For example:

Sheet1:

Seminar Type | Surname | First Name
Sem1 Smith Adam
Sem2 Smith Adam
Sem2 Jones Mary

What I want to do is put on a new sheet only those clients who have
been to only one seminar type ie Mary Jones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Adam

--
nicad_adam
nicad_adam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24178

Jim May

Temporarily add Col D and Col E (In sheet1) and where

A B C
D E
Row2 Sem1 Smith Adam =B2&C2
=IF(SUM(1/COUNTIF($D$2:$D$11,$D$2:$D11))=1,"Single-Attendance","")

Copy down D2 and E2 down to last of your records (I assumed to row 11
<<Change to yourspecs)..

At this point Use the Auto-Filter to select on Col E for
"Single-Attendance" - only those should the show; Highlight filtered range
and Copy, then Paste to New sheet.

Try this on a BACKUP COpy Only !!!
HTH

"nicad_adam" wrote
in message ...

Hi all,

I am trying to transfer clients from one sheet whose name appears only
once in a list onto a new sheet.

For example:

Sheet1:

Seminar Type | Surname | First Name
Sem1 Smith Adam
Sem2 Smith Adam
Sem2 Jones Mary

What I want to do is put on a new sheet only those clients who have
been to only one seminar type ie Mary Jones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Adam

--
nicad_adam
nicad_adam's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=378000

nicad_adam

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that...... works like a dream

Cheers,

Adam