Manos

Default count data but avoid double entries

Dear all
i have a quite big spreadsheet with 50.000 entries in rows.
i want in column A to count the entries but not to count the double entries.
There are some data that exist 2 till 10 times.
There is any possibility to count the rows in column A but to avoid the
double entries?

Thanks in advance
Manos
Biff