Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LACA

Default Double Sorting of Data

I have a worksheet of raw data that needs to be sorted and summarized.

Column A contains the department code: A, B, C, or D
Column B contains the account code: 100, 200, 300, 400, or 500
Column C contains the dollar amount for each

I need to sort the data twice: Once to group all dept. codes, and then
further to group all the account codes within that department.

For example, for department A -- I need to summarize the total dollar
amount for account code 100, then for account code 200, and so on.

I need to do the same for each of the departments A through D.

The SUMIF formula is what I think I need, but how do you sort twice?
I can sort the data to total the dollar amounts by Department or by
account Code, but I need to sort by both simultaneously.

Thanks

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Use Data, Sort instead of the button

for more information on sorting see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

for information on searching Excel newsgroups see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm
--
HTH,