Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I double the column data?

I have a list that is 10,000+ lines long. I would like to downsize it by half
by adding another column. Is there an easier way besides all the cutting and
pasting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are some ideas here
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

or download ASAP utilities
http://www.asap-utilities.com/
and use format, paper saver

Barbara

"Lindsey" wrote in message
I have a list that is 10,000+ lines long. I would like to downsize it by
half
by adding another column. Is there an easier way besides all the cutting
and
pasting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You only have to cut and paste once.

Select row 5001 then SHIFT + End + DownArrow to select to bottom.

Cut and paste those rows to a new column.

Or did you want some sort of snaking of data to take place?

1-50 in column A nd 51-100 in column B or similar?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP