Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unlinking workbooks

I have Excel 2000 on Win XP.

When I try to open a file a message says I have links to another workbook
and do I want to update the info or just carry on. I want to break this link
.. How do I do this?

Incidentally, one link is to a file which I have deleted and I get a message
saying that Excel - unsurprisingly - cannot find the file. I don't care, I
just want it to stop looking.

Rob Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Użytkownik "Rob graham" napisał w wiadomości
I have Excel 2000 on Win XP.

When I try to open a file a message says I have links to another workbook
and do I want to update the info or just carry on. I want to break this
link . How do I do this?

Incidentally, one link is to a file which I have deleted and I get a
message saying that Excel - unsurprisingly - cannot find the file. I don't
care, I just want it to stop looking.

You must find cells which have references to another workbooks and then
change/delete the links.

Very helpful at searching is key combination Ctrl+` which shows formulas
in worksheet.

--
==============================
Janusz Pawlinka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You must find cells which have references to another workbooks and then
change/delete the links.

Very helpful at searching is key combination Ctrl+` which shows formulas
in worksheet.

Thanks Janusz. I can't make out what your Ctrl+ is followed by. Is it an
apostrophe?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Użytkownik "Rob graham" napisał w wiadomości

You must find cells which have references to another workbooks and then
change/delete the links.

Very helpful at searching is key combination Ctrl+` which shows formulas
in worksheet.

Thanks Janusz. I can't make out what your Ctrl+ is followed by. Is it an
apostrophe?

On my keyboard it is the key on the left of "1" key and above "TAB" key.
--
==============================
Janusz Pawlinka

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ctrl-backquote

It's on the same key (on my USA keyboard) that the tilde (~) is on.

You could also use:
tools|Options|view tab|check formulas
(xl2003 menus)

Rob graham wrote:

You must find cells which have references to another workbooks and then
change/delete the links.

Very helpful at searching is key combination Ctrl+` which shows formulas
in worksheet.

Thanks Janusz. I can't make out what your Ctrl+ is followed by. Is it an
apostrophe?

Rob

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I would use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

Brilliant! That's done it. Thanks.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Janusz Pawlinka" wrote in message

Użytkownik "Rob graham" napisał w wiadomości

You must find cells which have references to another workbooks and then
change/delete the links.

Very helpful at searching is key combination Ctrl+` which shows formulas
in worksheet.

Thanks Janusz. I can't make out what your Ctrl+ is followed by. Is it an
apostrophe?

On my keyboard it is the key on the left of "1" key and above "TAB" key.
--
Janusz Pawlinka

Thanks. But see Dave Peterson's reply.

Rob