Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Unlinking Cells

I created a workbook which contains domain names and prices (going to sell
them). All the names are on the first tab are in alphabetical order and I
made tabs with the industry these domain names belong to. I copied and
pasted from the main sheet into the various tabs and linked the cells so if I
made any changes to the name or prices, it would do it accross the board.
Now I need to undo the links because people would like to be e-mailed domain
names within a certain category but I'm finding this can't be done. When I
try to copy and paste the cells from any of the tabs except the main,
different names then the ones I selected are getting pasted. I don't know if
this makes sense but I sure as hek need help in removing the links.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make a copy of the main sheet. Select all the cells. Choose Edit | Copy and
turn right back around and choose Edit | Paste Special with the [Values]
option chosen. Links to cells on other sheets/in other workbooks will be
removed and you'll simply have the data/values left on this sheet. You'll
also still have your own linked sheet to work with in the future.

Now if I've misunderstood you and you need to remove the hyperlinks to some
sites that are in the cells, then some VB code is in order:

Put this code into a regular code module, again, make a copy of your primary
sheet. Select the copy and run the macro. Poof! Hyperlinks are gone from
that sheet.

Sub RemoveHyperlinks()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

"LinkChallenged" wrote:

I created a workbook which contains domain names and prices (going to sell
them). All the names are on the first tab are in alphabetical order and I
made tabs with the industry these domain names belong to. I copied and
pasted from the main sheet into the various tabs and linked the cells so if I
made any changes to the name or prices, it would do it accross the board.
Now I need to undo the links because people would like to be e-mailed domain
names within a certain category but I'm finding this can't be done. When I
try to copy and paste the cells from any of the tabs except the main,
different names then the ones I selected are getting pasted. I don't know if
this makes sense but I sure as hek need help in removing the links.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You don't say, but you must be copying the linked tabs rather than the main.
When you paste the links will go too. Instead of Paste, use
PasteSpecial.Values.
This will write the web links to text. Then run the code below and it will
turn the text back to links. This looks in Column A for the web text. Of
course, you can add the code to a macro, if you already have one, that is
doing the pasting.

Sub TextToWebLink ()
range("A1").Activate
Do
Dim sWebLink As String
sWebLink = ActiveCell.Value
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=ActiveCell, Address:= _
sWebLink, TextToDisplay:=sWebLink
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Activate
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0) = "")

Alan