svarnell64

Default Unlinking between workbooks

I have a problem with documents that I have created, then copied to be
used on another computer and then put back into my computer. When I
make a copy, it ends up linking that to another file...half the time it
is one that was on a floppy disk. I don't want this link between
worksheets, but it prompts me every time I open the file if I want to
update info. I always say no. Is there any way to remove this link,
and, in the future, prevent this from happening? If I go into the
"links" under edit, it does not give me an option to remove this link,
only update or change it. How can I make this link go away? Thanks for
your help.

--
svarnell64
svarnell64's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26638

Richard Neville

If you can find the location of the link, delete or modify the contents of
the cell(s). Use the Find function to locate the = sign with which all links
must begin.

"svarnell64" wrote
in message ...