Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Running Total In... Error

This is for Excel 2007....

I am trying to develop an XLS template for a MS Project visual report. MS
Project generates an OLAP cube, and then drops it into Excel as a Pivot Table.

My goal is to develop a running total of work hours by week. I can format
the Pivot Table so each row is one week, and each week has the entry for the
number of hours for that week.

My goal is to set it up as a running total.

I have tried configuring the value field w/in the Pivot Table to display the
running total, but every time I try, it just shows "N/A".

I know that I can do the manual work around of using a sum field next to the
pivot table, but I would prefer to have a more automated solution as each
time I generate the report, the pivot table will have different numbers of
rows.

Is this an issue w/ totaling data generated in an OLAP cube somehow?

Suggestions welcome.

-A