Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page?

I would like to have the column labels appear at the top of each page
automatically. I am working with a spreadsheet in which I am either adding
rows, or wrapping text in a cell so that particular row gets wider, which
changes where the page breaks are. As a result, every time I work with the
spreadsheet, I have to manually move the column labels from their current
rows to the row at the top of the next page so that when I print the
spreadsheet, which is shared with others, we know what each column represents
on the several pages of the full spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am using Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

I take it the labels you refer to are in row 1?

In Excel, click on File|PageSetup, select Sheet. and fill in the box "Rows
to repeat at top of each page". You do not have to copy your column headings
down

"LucindaMercer" wrote:

I would like to have the column labels appear at the top of each page
automatically. I am working with a spreadsheet in which I am either adding
rows, or wrapping text in a cell so that particular row gets wider, which
changes where the page breaks are. As a result, every time I work with the
spreadsheet, I have to manually move the column labels from their current
rows to the row at the top of the next page so that when I print the
spreadsheet, which is shared with others, we know what each column represents
on the several pages of the full spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am using Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

For printing........

FilePage SetupSheetRows to repeat at top.

Enter $1:$1 or just point to row 1 using the range selection box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP