-   -   Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page? (https://www.excelbanter.com/setting-up-configuration-excel/97624-column-labels-automatically-top-each-page.html)

LucindaMercer

Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page?

I would like to have the column labels appear at the top of each page
automatically. I am working with a spreadsheet in which I am either adding
rows, or wrapping text in a cell so that particular row gets wider, which
changes where the page breaks are. As a result, every time I work with the
spreadsheet, I have to manually move the column labels from their current
rows to the row at the top of the next page so that when I print the
spreadsheet, which is shared with others, we know what each column represents
on the several pages of the full spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am using Excel 2003.

kassie

Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page?

I take it the labels you refer to are in row 1?

In Excel, click on File|PageSetup, select Sheet. and fill in the box "Rows
to repeat at top of each page". You do not have to copy your column headings
down

"LucindaMercer" wrote:

I would like to have the column labels appear at the top of each page
automatically. I am working with a spreadsheet in which I am either adding
rows, or wrapping text in a cell so that particular row gets wider, which
changes where the page breaks are. As a result, every time I work with the
spreadsheet, I have to manually move the column labels from their current
rows to the row at the top of the next page so that when I print the
spreadsheet, which is shared with others, we know what each column represents
on the several pages of the full spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am using Excel 2003.

Nick Hodge

Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page?

Lucinda

If you mean on the printout, then FilePage setup...Sheet tab, 'Rows to
repeat at top and enter 1:1 or similar

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"LucindaMercer" wrote in message
I would like to have the column labels appear at the top of each page
automatically. I am working with a spreadsheet in which I am either
adding
rows, or wrapping text in a cell so that particular row gets wider, which
changes where the page breaks are. As a result, every time I work with
the
spreadsheet, I have to manually move the column labels from their current
rows to the row at the top of the next page so that when I print the
spreadsheet, which is shared with others, we know what each column
represents
on the several pages of the full spreadsheet.

Is this possible? I am using Excel 2003.

Gord Dibben

Column Labels Automatically at the top of each page?

For printing........

FilePage SetupSheetRows to repeat at top.

Enter $1:$1 or just point to row 1 using the range selection box.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP