Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

Default Excel won't print the gridlines

Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Paul B

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

Paul
Yes the gridlines function was checked in page setup. I even tried saving
the file, closiing and reopening to see if the file or the computer had a
momentary quirck. Nothing helped that I did.

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Paul B

tomoes, have you filled any cells with a color or have any borders on the
sheet? This will override the grid lines. Do you see them on the sheet? how
about in print preview?

--

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in

message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

Paul:
I haven't done any of those things. In theory, this should have been a
simple page setup, print gridlines, print preview, and see how the printed
verson will appear. Print preview didn't show the gridlines and the printer
didn't print the gridiines. On another machine, I'm runnig Office 97 which
never failed me. Could I have some conflict with another file which was
copied into this computer, and runnig as an earlier version?

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in

message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Paul B

tomoes, I have not had that happen before, one more thing to check, tools,
options, view check gridline color and see if it has been changed to the
background color. Are there any macros in the workbook? Could be something
in the before print event turning them off

--

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup,

sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit

from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in

message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Hi Tomoes,
check my page
Gridlines and Borders
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm

Gridlines can be lost with a draft resolution (low resolution) on printer.

and white is a color whether used for shading or for borders,
gridlines are lost when you have a color pattern (shading) or have borders.
---
HTH,

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup,

sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit

from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in
message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

Thank you both for suggestions. I will investigate the comments this weekend
and post my findings.

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup,

sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit

from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in
message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

Paul and David:
I went through all of the menus and options yesterday. Gridlines is set to
automatic with a black color in the "View gridline color". There is no
background specified that I could find. Shading and borders were null.
Copying and trying to print on Win 98 didn't work either. I don't think I've
done enough to have a macro problem with this version and this should have
been a new notebook file. I'm not experienced enough yet to see if this
notebook has some attachment to another file.

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in

message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Okay, I must have been reading part of an answer then because
I remembered colored cells. Perhaps you are printing in draft mode
since it will only print 1/4 of the dots it wouldn't do a good job of printing
gridlines so they are just ignored..

Try removing all color within cells, and removing all borders
Select all cells Ctrl+A (or in Excel 2003 Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar
-- Borders drop down upper left corner is no borders
-- Fill color (paint bucket), top is no fill color
Check with Print Preview

Try printing with all borders involved.
. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm
Select all cells Ctrl+A (or Excel 2003 same as above)
Format, cells, borders
choose a line, choose automatic, click on both inside and outside borders
Check with Print Preview

---
HTH,

"Paul B" wrote:

tomoes, do you have the gridlines set to print? file page setup, sheet,
under print check gridlines

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"tomoes0745O163" wrote in
message
Print preview seems to be correct. There no gridlines visible.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
tomoes0745O163

David:

I will try youir suggestions this weekend. Thank you.