Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Information

Default Excel customized tolbar

We havea copy of Excel 97 that has some customized buttons on the standard
toolbar.

How can we move these into Excel 2000? We have two other machines that
would benefit from these.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Toolbars aren't always compatible between versions.

I don't think I'd try it.

But if you print screen showing the icons you like, you can create a new toolbar
in the newer version and just recreate it once. Then copy from that pc to the
others.

ps. This might not work--it depends on what those customized buttons do.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Information

I believe most of the buttons just reposition you to an absolute cell. The
form is a quote, and the buttons move you to specific locations in the
quote.

I should just dig a little deeper and create new in the newer version.

Information wrote:

We havea copy of Excel 97 that has some customized buttons on the
standard
toolbar.

How can we move these into Excel 2000? We have two other machines that
would benefit from these.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

I find it much easier to just create the toolbar when the workbook opens.

If you're going to invest time in recreating your toolbar, you may want to try
this instead.

I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Information wrote:

We havea copy of Excel 97 that has some customized buttons on the
standard
toolbar.

How can we move these into Excel 2000? We have two other machines that
would benefit from these.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Hi Dan,
Between different versions of Excel you would have to copy your tool bar buttons

The first thing I would suggest is to print your toolbars something you want to compare
back to anyway. You might print your desktop as well as things there tend to get moved
around without your help.

Next copy each customized button from the toolbar to a worksheet so that you have the button
images available to copy from when you open that workbook in your new version. For myself
I already had my buttons documented on my toolbars page...

In the new version when you rebuild your menus and toolbars you can copy the
button images from your worksheet and use then with your tool bar button definitions.(paste image).

A couple of pages you might want to look at are
Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus
. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm
and
Barhopper -- fixup for Restored Toolbars, and -- Listing of Menu Items
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/barhopper.htm

You already have suggestions to add and delete toolbars on the fly in the future.

---
HTH,