Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Default Excel customized tolbar

I find it much easier to just create the toolbar when the workbook opens.

If you're going to invest time in recreating your toolbar, you may want to try
this instead.

I really like the way John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

Information wrote:

I believe most of the buttons just reposition you to an absolute cell. The
form is a quote, and the buttons move you to specific locations in the
quote.

I should just dig a little deeper and create new in the newer version.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Toolbars aren't always compatible between versions.

I don't think I'd try it.

But if you print screen showing the icons you like, you can create a new
toolbar
in the newer version and just recreate it once. Then copy from that pc to
the
others.

ps. This might not work--it depends on what those customized buttons do.

Information wrote:

We havea copy of Excel 97 that has some customized buttons on the
standard
toolbar.

How can we move these into Excel 2000? We have two other machines that
would benefit from these.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

--