Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David McRitchie

Default Excel customized tolbar

Hi Dan,
Between different versions of Excel you would have to copy your tool bar buttons

The first thing I would suggest is to print your toolbars something you want to compare
back to anyway. You might print your desktop as well as things there tend to get moved
around without your help.

Next copy each customized button from the toolbar to a worksheet so that you have the button
images available to copy from when you open that workbook in your new version. For myself
I already had my buttons documented on my toolbars page...

In the new version when you rebuild your menus and toolbars you can copy the
button images from your worksheet and use then with your tool bar button definitions.(paste image).

A couple of pages you might want to look at are
Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus
. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm
and
Barhopper -- fixup for Restored Toolbars, and -- Listing of Menu Items
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/barhopper.htm

You already have suggestions to add and delete toolbars on the fly in the future.

---
HTH,