Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Anand

Default Page Setup

How can I set up Excel so that when ever I open a new workbook with Ctr+N,
all the worksheets in the workbook are set to zoom level of 75% instead of
the default 100%?

Thanks,

Anand
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Saved from a previous post:

For brand new workbooks, you could create a book.xlt workbook template (stored
in your XLStart folder) that has each window the way you want.

If you want existing workbooks, then ...

Create a new workbook.
Add this code to the ThisWorkbook module:

Option Explicit
Public WithEvents xlApp As Application
Set xlApp = Nothing
End Sub
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set xlApp = Excel.Application
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Call DoTheWork(Sh.Parent)
End Sub
Private Sub xlApp_WorkbookOpen(ByVal Wb As Workbook)
Call DoTheWork(Wb)
End Sub
Private Sub DoTheWork(Wb As Workbook)
Dim myWindow As Window
For Each myWindow In Wb.Windows
myWindow.Zoom = 75
Next myWindow
End Sub

Save this file as an addin in your XLStart folder.

Each time you create a new workbook, open an existing workbook, change to a new
sheet, it'll set the zoom to 75%.

You can read a lot more about application events at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.htm

--

Dave Peterson