Excel default page set up formats

Default Is there a way to apply "page setup" defaults to an existing work.

Is there a way to apply "page setup" defaults to an existing workbook in
Excel? For instance, I frequently work with excel files that someone else
has generated, and in order for me to print them out, I have to go to "page
setup" and change the margins to .5 on each side, and I like to have the
footer = pathname & file, and generally like to set my pages to fit on 1 page
width & height. Is there an "easy" way to apply a default page set up format
to existing files (and worksheets in the files) that have data in them? Or do
I just have to change every worksheet in every file one by one?
Bob Umlas

You can have your "master" sheet containing the page setups you want, then
open this file, temporarily being it into the current workbook, then with
that sheet active you can select all sheets (Right-click the sheet tab,
Select All sheets), then simply do Page Setup and click OK (don't even
bother looking!) Then remove (delete) that master sheet you brought in and
all your worksheets are done!
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Excel default page set up formats" <Excel default page set up
wrote in message
Is there a way to apply "page setup" defaults to an existing workbook in
Excel? For instance, I frequently work with excel files that someone else
has generated, and in order for me to print them out, I have to go to

"page
setup" and change the margins to .5 on each side, and I like to have the
footer = pathname & file, and generally like to set my pages to fit on 1

page
width & height. Is there an "easy" way to apply a default page set up

format
to existing files (and worksheets in the files) that have data in them? Or

do
I just have to change every worksheet in every file one by one?

Gord Dibben

If you save the "Master" as a one sheet workbook as a Template(SHEET.XLT) and
store it in your XLSTART folder it will become the default InsertWorksheet.

Just click on InsertWorsheet and then follow Bob's select all sheets and page
setup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP