Laurent Imbault

Default Can't open protected sheets

Had to reinstall my system (OS 10.3)
and now my proctecte excel sheets (Excel Mac 2004) won't open. I get the
message:
This workbook has been password protected with an encryption scheme not
available in this region. This workbook cannot be opened

Only work around so far is to open in OS 9 with an old Excel version
any other ideas ?
Jack in the UK

Open the workbook in OS 9
Re-Save in hightest version
Close and re-open

Does this help?

IF so a pain haing to do this eash time, but at least you get your
work.

Jack

--
Jack in the UK

Laurent Imbault

"Jack in the UK" wrote:

Open the workbook in OS 9
Re-Save in hightest version
Close and re-open

Does this help?

IF so a pain haing to do this eash time, but at least you get your
work.

Jack

--
Jack in the UK

Bette still, I changed the language from French to English and the problem
is now solved
Thanks for your help