Excel GuRu

Default Protected Sheets or other security

Using excel, I have a ODBC connection and have a query set up that I would
like to be refreshed by sales people regularly, when they choose to. I would
prefer for security reasons that they cannot edit the query, only refresh the
query. The data is summarized in multiple pivot tables. I

s there a way to accomplish this by protecting the sheet that contains the
query? Or is there another option? Even if we establish Oracle security at
the database level, the query could still be edited. We'd prefer that they
don't edit the query.
onedaywhen

Excel GuRu wrote:
I would
prefer for security reasons that they cannot edit the query, only

refresh the
query.
Even if we establish Oracle security at
the database level, the query could still be edited.

What about putting the SQL code in a stored procedure on the server
side? I suppose they could still change the calling command text e.g.
to call a different stored proc but a least they couldn't mess with the
query in question.

Jamie.

onedaywhen

Excel GuRu wrote:
What is a stored procedure on the server side. I'm an accountant not

programmer.

I'm a programmer, not a search engine <g:

http://searchoracle.techtarget.com/g...334271,00.html
Jamie.