Maureen

Default PROTECTING/UNPROTECTING SHEETS

I use Excel 2000. I have workbooks with many sheets that
are protected against changes to cells (data, formulas,
formatting, etc.).

Question 1: Is there a way to quickly determine if a sheet
and/or cell are protected or not without doing an input
test or checking out the Tools, Protection command?
Something like the PR or U codes Lotus places at the
bottom of the window.

Question 2: Is there a way to unprotect, and vice versa, a
number of sheets with one command? I tried selecting all
the sheets and using the Tools, Protection/Unprotect
command with no luck.

Search and Replace is not available when the sheets are
protected.

Thanks,

Maureen