peter

Default division by zero error

I have a spreadsheet that divides one cell by another. The problem is
the cells do not always contain data. Is there any way to remove the
#DIV/0! message that comes up? It does not look too professional.
Thanks,
Peter

Paul B

Peter here is one way, instead of =A1/B1 you could use
=IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),"",A1/B1)

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"peter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a spreadsheet that divides one cell by another. The problem is
the cells do not always contain data. Is there any way to remove the
#DIV/0! message that comes up? It does not look too professional.
Thanks,
Peter

peter

Thanks, Paul!